Politics of Black Dawn
The kingdoms of Ikarrn have fought amongst each other at various times since the dawn of the world. No sustained conflict has occurred in a century, but skirmishes still frequently happen.
- Emeylon: This deep and secretive woodland is the home of the mystical eladrin, or “grey elves” in their own tongue. No non-elves have entered its limits and returned to speak of it for generations.
- Kestara: Called “the Golden”, Kestara was once a shining kingdom of scholars and warriors. Today it’s knights patrol city streets as often as they do the frontier as crime and poverty grip the overpopulated population centers.
- Mendakas: The city of Mendakas and the seaside towns around it are breeding grounds for the corsair lords who stalk the Sea of Black Stars to the south. This city is said to be the former capital of the tiefling empire Bael Turath but now most of the ruins of that ancient city have been harvested for stone.
- Plains of Arnesti: Nominally, these plains are claimed by the king of Kestara, but domestic problems have prevented any meaningful show of law in this region for decades. The plains are inhabited instead by bands of human nomads and tribal minotaurs who are locked in small-scale wars for dominance.
- Raklendar: This mountain stronghold of the dwarves is their last refuge in a world of ruins. The stone towers stand sentinel over the Dawnrush Mountains and turn away any travelers. Many have died on the mountains’ slopes while the dwarves watched impassively.
- Valawn Wood: The green elves, or elathun, are much more open than their eladrin cousins but more violent as well. Their hunters have stalked the meadows around Valawn for as long as anyone remembers.